- 27941 Jefferson Ave, Ste A
Temecula, CA 92590
- (951) 699-8180
- Contact Us
- M–F: 8:00am–5:00pm
Inquire about Evening Courses
As a request form the local Workforce Investment Board CET-Temecula was established in 1987 as an extension of the CET-Riverside Center. In 1989 it became an independent center and graduated its first class in June of 1990. In 1999 it opened an evening Extended Classroom (Shipping and Receiving) in Fallbrook California.
The CET-Temecula campus is located in the Southwest part of Riverside County and just north of San Diego County. The Temecula campus is part of a larger 38,676 square foot, multi-tenant building and occupies 5,307 sq. ft. of office space with plenty of free parking in a secured fenced area. The Shipping and Receiving extended classroom is only 20 minutes from CET-Temecula and consists of three suites that have been joined into one large unit. The facility is 3,350 sq. ft. and houses a large traditional classroom, computer lab and a large warehouse.
We currently offer three vocational classes:
• Business Office Technology
• Medical Administrative Assistant
• Shipping and Receiving Warehousing
Center for Employment Training is known for its Holistic Approach to Job Training & Human Development
For each student, CET’s goal is a permanent, unsubsidized job with benefits and growth potential. CET’s unique mode of job training involves an integration of skill training, basic skills instruction (including VESL), human development, job preparation and job placement assistance, conducted in a simulated work setting.
In order to assist our students in attaining this goal, there are four very distinct aspects to how CET operates.
1. Training. Training is accessible, flexible, timely, affordable, hands-on, highly individualized and self-paced. CET does not conduct testing as a pre-requisite to entry, and allows individuals open-entry and open-exit depending on the students’ progress. We offer over 4 skill-training options, which are determined by industry and economic demand in the Southwest Riverside area.
2. Support. Life skills instruction, workplace simulation, human development, and supportive services. This essential aspect of our CET model sets us apart from many vocational training institutes as we make our resources available to assist our students in eliminating barriers to success and fully preparing them to transition into the workplace.
3. Industry Partnerships. Our curriculum is carefully developed in partnership with local industry employers in the form of local Industrial Advisory Boards and Technical Advisory Committees. With the input from these employer advisors, CET training programs are kept abreast of technological advancements and of the current requirements of industry for entry-level positions in each industry.
4. Job Placement. CET-Temecula Staff and Instructors work closely with employer recruiters and human resources representatives to match job-ready students to employer needs.
CET’s Contextual Learning Model is widely recognized as one of the most effective holistic training models in the nation.
CET-Temecula operate year-round and feature an open-entry, open-exit, variable course length format. There are no fixed semesters or quarters. Course instruction is conducted in a highly individualized, non-competitive environment.